History Atxurra Country Hotel Apartment
The first references to a settlement called “Alchur” on the site date back to 1702.
In the late 18th and early 19th centuries, Guipuzkoan shepherds spent long periods in these settlements, until the records show that a permanent “caserio” or farm called “Atxurra” was built on the present site.
The farm and its land belong to the descendants of the same shepherds from the Ancient Territory of Guipuzkoa and have maintained the original “borda” or sheepfold and the boundary walls used to protect the flocks, all built using stone slabs.
Book on our website:
- Best price online guaranteed.
- Free cancellation 24 hours in advance.